IBC Area 2 Chapters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion board for IBC Area 2 chapter representatives, judges, presidents and contact persons.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 Elections

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Claire
Admin
Claire

Female Posts : 305
Function, chapter, country : Claire Pavia, President of Swiss Betta Club (SBC), Switzerland

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:53 pm

To all IBC members in Area 2:

Please remember to VOTE for the various positions !

There are 3 positions on the Executive Board, including president, and 3 positions on the Judging Board.
Back to top Go down
http://www.swissbetta.org/english-homepage.html
Peter Bärwald

Male Posts : 170
Function, chapter, country : contact person, Kampffischfreunde (KFF), Germany

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Hello @ all,

This is the list with the nominated members:

President
· Gerald Griffin
· Sherolyn Craig
· Linda Olson

Vice President
· Kendra Watson
· Cecilia Bailey-Mallett
· Mike McBrien

Secretary
· Steve Van Camp

Treasurer
· Jack Tobin

Judging Board
· Larissa Williams
· Igor Prpic
· Wally Nida
· J.D. Ewtuch

In this year it is very important for the future of the IBC and also for the future of Area2 that every IBC-member in Area2 will vote.

As a member at large for Area2 I will say to you: Please do not vote for Sherolyn Greg and Mike McBrien.
A good choice for Area2 will be to vote for Gerald Griffin and Cecilia Bailey-Mallett.

To all Chapter-Leaders, please tell it to all your members.

It is very important, believe me.

Many Greetings
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.kampffischfreunde.de
Claire
Admin
Claire

Function, chapter, country : Claire Pavia, President of Swiss Betta Club (SBC), Switzerland

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 am

Hmm...I find it not very democratic to suggest who to vote for or not... Rolling Eyes

However, after following discussions on different forums, I will simply say I'm personally voting for Gerald Griffin.
Also, I've met him personally, he is loyal to the IBC and does a good job with Wilds.
I plan to vote for a lady as vice-president.

Wink

Back to top Go down
Roberto Silverii

Roberto Silverii

Male Posts : 103
Function, chapter, country : Co-founder, President and contact person, Associazione Italiana Betta (AIB), Italy

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:15 am

The only one i know from facebook and some forums is Gerald Griffin (who i appreciate for being a lot into wilds), maybe also Cecilia from some email exchange..but not sure of it.

I subscribed some days ago on BettaSource site which i found surfing the net and met there Sherolyn and Mike (i guess they're the same as the candidates) but didn't know anything about the "political fights", so i searched something on betterbettas yesterday but im not sure i want to get involved in politics again, it's enough what we have in Italy Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.aibetta.it
joker

Male Posts : 96
Function, chapter, country : Josip Kevari, Contact person, Betta Svijet, Croatia

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 am

I completely agree with Clair... voting is something PERSONAL and no recommendations or instructions should be given publicly... although sometimes they indeed would make sence.

My problem is that I have still not understood HOW I can vote?!?

And why isn't there anybody from Area 2 on the election list?
Back to top Go down
Roberto Silverii

Roberto Silverii

Function, chapter, country : Co-founder, President and contact person, Associazione Italiana Betta (AIB), Italy

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 11:23 am

I think it's everything on the next FLARE! Smile

It's a pity that there is no Area2 members running for elections, International Betta Congress should be really International Smile
Back to top Go down
Claire
Admin
Claire

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:19 pm

joker wrote:
I completely agree with Clair... voting is something PERSONAL and no recommendations or instructions should be given publicly... although sometimes they indeed would make sence.
It's difficult when you don't actually know the candidates.

Quote :
The Area representatives will be elected in 2014 (a term is 2 years)

Otherwise, simply no Area 2 members have decided to run for a position.

Quote :
There will be 2 options, ba mail, or electronic.

Last edited by Claire on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roberto Silverii

Roberto Silverii

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:22 pm

But this mean that Area2 members can run for president or vicepresident position, right? Smile

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Claire! Smile
Back to top Go down
Claire
Admin
Claire

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Roberto Silverii wrote:
But this mean that Area2 members can run for president or vicepresident position, right? Smile
Yes of course !

You can be candidate yourself, or nominate someone else; however the person must agree !

Quote :
Anyway, Happy Birthday, Claire! Smile
Grazie !
Back to top Go down
Peter Bärwald

Male Posts : 170
Function, chapter, country : contact person, Kampffischfreunde (KFF), Germany

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Quote :
Hmm...I find it not very democratic to suggest who to vote for or not... Rolling Eyes

Normaly this is not my way, but in this case I think it is important.

Quote :
However, after following discussions on different forums, I will simply say I'm personally voting for Gerald Griffin.
Also, I've met him personally, he is loyal to the IBC and does a good job with Wilds.
I plan to vote for a lady as vice-president.

I think also.

Quote :
I subscribed some days ago on BettaSource site which i found surfing the net and met there Sherolyn and Mike (i guess they're the same as the candidates) but didn't know anything about the "political fights", so i searched something on betterbettas yesterday but im not sure i want to get involved in politics again, it's enough what we have in Italy Laughing

Yes, they are the candidates.
I can not explain what Sherolyn and Mike have done the last year, because I think to explan all my english is not good enough. But I will try a little bit:
After convention 2012 Sherolyn has threatened an 11 old boy by mail in an unacceptable way. In the same was a discussion at FB and bettersource. Both is moved now.
Mike was not behave in the IBC website forum and then he was removed.
There are so many things happend, many bad letters to IBC eboard and other members. They both say that they are respectable, but this is not true.
Sherolyn is only thinking about money, her money. She had dollars in her eyes. Maybe she has good ideas for the IBC, but she is not respectable to tell the ideas in a good way. Mike is like her dog, nothing else.

It could happen, that a few EB members will quit if Sherolyn would be voted.

Quote :
... although sometimes they indeed would make sence.

Believe me, in this case it makes sence.
Yesterday I got the information that Sherolyn tried to discuss with the judges at a show last year, because she thought her betta was better then the placed betta. She said the placed betta is realy bad. Later at the auction she said the (at first bad) betta is her and it is so good.
Then she told a few people that in her breeding room all betta have the Mycos and a few weeks later she could not remember that she said this at anytime. Then she searched for another member to say that the Mycos have been from this breeder.

Quote :
With the next "Flare" you will get all informations.

Quote :
I think because no one nominated a member of Area2 or no one wanted to be nominated.
Maybe next year.

Quote :
It's a pity that there is no Area2 members running for elections, International Betta Congress should be really International Smile
I am not sure, but I think normaly the EB has had only one member coming from Area2. But what in the past has been must not be in the future anymore.
For this election it is to late, but next year maybe we find a member from Area2 who wants to be nominated.

Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.kampffischfreunde.de
joker

Male Posts : 96
Function, chapter, country : Josip Kevari, Contact person, Betta Svijet, Croatia

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks for the clarifications!
Back to top Go down
Claire
Admin
Claire

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 1:13 am

Quote :
Quote :
I am not sure, but I think normaly the EB has had only one member coming from Area2. But what in the past has been must not be in the future anymore.
For this election it is to late, but next year maybe we find a member from Area2 who wants to be nominated.
Any IBC member in good standing can be a candidate for a position.

What people usually do, is take a position on the Executive board first, like member at large, before running for president, but that's not mandatory.

Simply until now, no members from other Areas have been wanting to run for a position.
Back to top Go down
Jamie King

Male Posts : 42
Function, chapter, country : IBC Judge

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:49 pm

I have passed this information on to Tomas and we will spread this among the Czech members. I also agree that it's not really a good idea to pressure people to vote for a candidate, but I am taking Claire's approach. I will tell people who I'm voting for and why, and hope they'll follow my lead.

I do hope we can encourage more members from Area 2 to run for positions in the future. I think it would be much better for both us and the IBC in general!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2013 Elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Elections   2013 Elections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Elections
Page 1 of 1